The university provides a bunch of different courses at the UG level comprising numerous specializations. BPT, B.Tech, BCA, B.Sc, BBA, B.Com and BS Engineering are offered by the university. The university also accepts a lateral entry in B.Tech programme. All the UG programmes hold a duration of three years except the B.Tech and BS Engineering programmes, both of these courses are of four years. APPLY NOW
Candidates must have passed 10+2 level or equivalent examination from any recognized academic institute to meet the eligibility criteria for UG courses. Only the eligible candidates are allowed to appeal for the concerned courses.
For admission into the B.Tech and BS Engineering programmes, eligible candidates will have to appear for one of the entrance examinations depending upon the category under which they are seeking admission.
- General Category, Defence, North East, Gorkha Territorial Administration (GTA) and Paramilitary Force Categories : The candidates will have to appear for the JEE to be conducted by the CBSE. However, candidates are also required to fill up the SMIT application form and submit the same to SMIT by prescribed date
- Sikkim Category: The candidates should apply to the Director, Technical Education, HRDD, Government of Sikkim. They should appear in the Entrance test conducted by the Government. However, candidates need to fill up the SMIT application form while reporting to the college after counselling by HRDD, Government of Sikkim
- MU-OET Category: Candidates seeking admission under this category will have to appear for Manipal University Online Entrance Test (MU-OET) conducted by the Manipal University, Manipal (Karnataka) all over India. Candidates need to send the filled application of Manipal University (MU) to the Director (Admissions), Manipal University, Manipal – 576 104 (Karnataka)
- SMIT Offline Test: Candidates seeking admission under this category will have to appear for offline written test conducted at various centres by SMU
- Reserved Categories : Candidates seeking admission through reserved categories need to apply directly to the Director-Technical Education, HRDD, Government of Sikkim
Apart from B.Tech and BS Engineering programme rest of the programmes demand a merit based admission as per the marks obtained in the qualifying examinations.
Key point: Candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC category will be benefitted by a 5% of marks relaxation for BPT, B.Tech, B.Sc, BBA, B.Com and B.A programmes.
he university has two medical courses B.Sc in Nursing and Integrated M.Sc with a duration of four and five years respectively.
A degree in 10+2 level or equivalent from a recognized academic institute with Physics, Chemistry and Biology is a common eligibility criteria for both of the courses. B.Sc Nursing programme demands at least 45% of marks in aggregate in 10+2 level while to fulfil the eligibility criteria for the Integrated M.Sc programme, candidates need to score at least 50% marks in 10+2 level.
Admission in both of the courses is done on the basis of marks obtained in last qualifying examination in relevant discipline. Failing to meet the eligibility criteria will lead to the elimination of the candidates from the admission process.
Keynote: A 5% marks relaxation is availed by the candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC category.
VISIT FOR MORE INFO