GENERAL ADMISSION REQUIREMENT OF WA POLYTECHNIC
Passes in three core subjects (English Language, Mathematics, and Integrated Science or Social Studies) plus credit passes in three (3) relevant elective subjects.
For SSSCE Candidates: Passes (A—D) in six (6) subjects comprising three (3) core subjects, including English and Mathematics, and three (3) relevant elective subjects.
For WASSCE Candidates: Passes (A1—D7) in three (3) core subjects, including English and Mathematics, and Credit passes (A1-C6) in three (3) relevant elective subjects.
The aggregate of the six subjects (i.e. three (3) core and three (3) electives) should not exceed aggregate thirty-nine (39) for WASSCE and aggregate 24 for SSSCE.
Candidates with a combination of the two grading systems will be treated on a case-by-case basis.
RSA Stage III/ ABCE Holders: Passes in two (2) subjects (at least, one of the passes should be a Grade D or better). Also the applicant must have had credit passes in five subjects including English Language, Mathematics, Integrated Science or Social Studies in the GBCE (old programme).
GBCE HOLDERS (New programme): Applicants must have passes (A-D) in three (3) core subjects (English Language, Mathematics and Integrated Science or Social Studies ) plus passes (A-D) in three (3) relevant elective subjects. The aggregate of the six subjects should not be more than twenty-four (24).
DBS Holders: DBS Holders’ applicants must hold at least five (5) DBS passes for Secretarial Option, or four (4) DBS passes for Accounting Option. Applicants must also hold four (4) WASSCE passes (A1-D7) or four (4) SSSCE passes (A-D) including English Language and Mathematics.
i. Applicants must be at least 25 years old and have three (3) years professional practice in the relevant study area ii. Applicants must pass an Entrance Examinations to be conducted by the Polytechnic in English Language and Mathematics.
iii. In lieu of such examinations, the applicants should have credit passes in English Language and Mathematics in WASSCE or any other nationally recognised standard High School level examinations.
IN ALL CASES, APPLICANTS MUST ALSO SATISFY DEPARTMENTAL REQUIREMENTS.
Find below easy steps of how to apply to Wa polytechnic
1. Visit the nearest Stanbic Bank to pay for the Wa Polytechnic admissions E-VOUCHER.
2. Obtain your scratch card.
3. Logon to http://www.wapolyadmissions.net
4. Click on “Apply Online”.
5. Supply your card information and ensure you keep the card safely for subsequent login.
6. Click login to start applying.
7. Provide a valid phone number and an email address to receive information about your application.
8. At any stage of the application process, you can save a completed page, logout and continue later.
9. Click ‘Save and Continue’ to move to the next stage of the application process.
10. Applicant’s passport picture should have a plain background in JPEG or PNG format and must not exceed 20KB in size.
11. All applicants are required to upload their Certificates/Results Slips/Transcripts.
12. Click ‘Save and Print’ to complete your online application.
13. Each Applicant is required to print two copies of his/her Confirmation Page.
14. Write your application number at the back of the envelope you must acquire yourself.
15. Attach photocopy/s of your Certificates/Results Slips/Transcripts to the printed Confirmation Pages and any other documents deemed important and forward the envelop by EMS to: